“God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change And though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; Though its waters roar and foam, Though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. . . ‘Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.’ The LORD of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our stronghold.” Psa 46:1-3, 10-11).
In light of the serious worldwide COVID-19 situation, we want to encourage all of us to live by faith in God rather than fear, praying for His grace/healing on those who are impacted by it while taking prudent precautions to minimize risks. These precautions include:
- Please read the latest COVID-19 updates from CDC, and be prepared for mediating COVID-19 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/;
- Take other everyday preventive actions such as: cover mouth and nose when coughing/sneezing; wash(follow the 20-second rule)/sanitize hands often; avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth; practice good hygiene/health habits;
- For older people with pre-existing conditions, we recommend not going to public places to minimize the risks;
- The average latent period of COVID-19 is 2 to 14 days, with few cases up to 30 days. During the latent period, the disease is very contagious from human-to-human without any symptoms. If you or your close relatives travelled to destinations (country, region, state, city) with risk of community spread of COVID-19, or level 1 warning from CDC, please make your own judgement, stay home and do self-quarantine at least 14 days, not going to public places. If you do not have any cold symptoms, and really need to go out, please wear a surgical mask or N95 mask;
- If you have cold symptoms such as fever, dry cough, or unknown breathing difficulties, please see your doctor immediately and not go to any public places;
- If you are required to travel to significantly affected destinations (country, region, state, city) with confirmed COVID-19 cases, please take enough surgical or N95 masks with you. After you come back, please stay home and do self-quarantine for at least 14 days, not going to public places;
- We encourage you to start writing a ledger of daily visited locations/time for each of the family members. This will help CDC to trace the range in case you or your family member is exposed to one of the chains of outbreak.
- We want to emphasize that this is not an official CDC recommendation. However, your voluntary precaution would be a courtesy and might help ease the concerns of individuals who might be less informed of the situation.